The Echelon boasts innovations over the standard echo. Cross-fading Time Change™ eliminates audio artifacts, resulting in completely transparent changes to the delay time. Scatter Repeats makes successive repeats more diffuse and complex.
Echelon works mono or stereo. Using only Output 1, it is a single mono echo. Using both outputs, the default echo is a golden-ratio ping-pong—chosen for its elegant accumulation of echo repeats. However, other stereo echo effects are programmable with Pedal Customizer.
Whether you use a mono or stereo input, the input signal is preserved when routed to the outputs. It can even be used as a mono echo on stereo inputs (see Pedal Customizer software for details). The Echelon Echo contains subtle modulation and is gently band-limited for an analog feel without sounding low-fidelity. Band-limiting increases with the echo time, just as in nature, due to the absorption of high-frequencies in air.
The optional µTap Tempo Pedal is available separately and plugs into the Time expression input. Either time (in fractions of 1 second) or tempo subdivisions are set easily and intuitively using the Time knob. Only the µTap Tempo pedal works with Echelon.
- 1 second maximum delay time
- Stereo or mono input and output
- Mix, Time, and Repeats (Δ) controls
- Updateable with Pedal Customizer software for PC and Mac
- Expression inputs for both Mix and Time (1/4″-to-3.5mm adapter sold separately)
- Buffered trails bypass
- Very high input impedance: no “tone suck”
- Analog dry signal for low noise and zero latency
- Small footprint
- Made in Orange County, California USA