The Hartman Electronics LM308 Op-Amp Distortion guitar pedal offers two modes of distortion inspired by the edgy, modern styles distortion popularized by punk, new-wave and college-rock bands of the late 70’s and early 80’s.
Selectable on-the-fly via stomp switch, the first distortion mode (A) employs a diode-clipping stage to produce a classic distortion and crunch of the original upon which it is based, exhibiting the same sensitivity to player pick-attack, palm-muting- and pinch-harmonics.
The second distortion mode (SYM) transforms the pedal into an overdrive, increasing transparency, headroom, and dynamic response, and producing a hotter output signal suitable for overdriving the input of downstream amps/devices. Your strat sounds like a strat, your LP sounds like an LP; no more masking the tone of your instrument, but still plenty of scream, crunch, and sustain.
• 9vdc 2.1mm external power jack (center -)
• Foot-switchable distortion mode selector
• Dual LED indication (On/off & Mode)
• Metal-can type LM308AH Op-Amp
• Low noise 1% carbon-film resistors
• Heavy duty true-bypass switching.
• Ships with new carbon-zinc 9v battery
• One Year Manufacturer’s Warranty
• <30mA @ 9VDC
• Length: 4″ (101mm)
• Width: 4.9″ (125mm)
• Height: 2.1″ (54mm)